Good morning crafters! I have a new/old project that I worked on last night. It was a request by a friend for her mother's 60th birthday party. She wanted to use them as centerpieces for the tables and I thought that was a lovely idea and I am happy to make them. I used the Balloon Pop Up die set and the brand new Celebrate You Thinlets from the Stampin Up 2018 Sale A Bration catalog!!!! I love word thinlets and I especially love getting them for FREE. As a demonstrator I was able to order mine early. It's helpful to be a demo and if you've ever thought about it Jan. 3rd and after is the date to look at joining (lots of extra FREE products because of Sale A Bration). Speaking of Sale A Bration, If you would like a catalog and FREE products please send me your address and I will get a set out to you right away. This new catalog is filled with pieces that I need and want so my husband is not gonna like it lol! Just kidding he's very supportive of my stamping habit.
So for this project I cased the actual dimensions from Frenchie and I'll give you those full instructions below. I had to tweak them a bit to get the desired look. In true fashion this is another example of me using all of my products old and new to create paper fun for my customers. Don't get rid of those older dies they can still be useful! And for a limited time you can get the Pop Up Balloon Die from Stampin Up! for under $10.00 if you never got it!!!! That's so amazing since I paid almost $30.00 for mine (and it's worth it). Head over to the Shop Now section and look in the clearance tab.
Just a side note I've been having some trouble with my site connecting to the Stampin Up! site so if you have any problems please send me a quick message.
Ok now Dimensions:
* 5 3/4" x 11" cardstock
* place the die at the top left hand corner and don't worry about the bottom; line up with score mark on left every time
* work your way across making 3 cuts with the Big Shot across your cardstock (I used Very Vanilla)
* For the fourth panel use a piece that is 5 3/4" x 3 3/4" and cut another Balloon Pop Up
* attach the fourth panel on the far left hand side and burnish all your folds
* cut out your different balloons and adhere (I used Blushing Bride and Tempting Turquoise)
* cut out your Celebration word from your Celebrate You Thinlets and adhere
* connect the panels using Tombo glue it holds well with this project don't forget to score the small 1/4" fold on the fourth panel to make a perfect square
* for the lid use a 4 5/6" x 4 5/6" piece of coordinating cardstock and score at 1/2" all the way around
* cut notches on opposite sides on the lid/bottom to make it easier to fold in the little flaps and glue with Tombo or glue dots both worked well
* I had to play with these dimensions to get the lid and bottom just right so it's trial and error on this step
* glue the bottom but only place on the top just in case you want to add goodies to the center
Tada! You have your very own Balloon Pop Up Box!
Let me know if you give it a try I would love to hear how it goes and see any pics